Welcome to June! This month is National Frozen Yogurt Month. We will deliver a special series every week this month on everything about our favorite treat, frozen yogurt.
Let’s get started. Here are the Top Ten Health Benefits of Frozen Yogurt:
- A small serving (1 1/2 cups) of frozen yogurt provides about 15 percent of your daily calcium.
- Not only is yogurt a high-calcium food, but did you know yogurt is also a good source of magnesium and potassium, both of which help reduce high blood pressure?
- There is enough protein in one serving of yogurt (20% of the recommended daily allowance) that the USDA lists it as a meat alternative in its school lunch program.
- Many franchises such as Yogen Fruz offer little to no fat options. In fact, their sorbet options contain no fat at all. Much better than a small serving of vanilla ice cream, which has about 7 grams of fat.
- In addition to no-fat options, several franchises offer sugar free options. Try Tutti Frutti’s Tropical Flavor, which has 9 grams of sugar, or Simply Yogurt’s Mango Flavor which has no added sugar.
- Tart flavors slow down the release of sugar in the body, which stabilizes appetite and energy levels.
- All of Yogurtland’s fruit options are Vitamin-C fortified.
- Some studies have linked high calcium intake to lower risk of colon cancer, and others have shown that eating fermented milk products (like frozen yogurt) might be linked to lower risk for color and other cancers as well.
- If you stick to healthy toppings like fruit and nuts (and stay away from the Butterfingers and Oreos), frozen yogurt is hard to beat as a guilt-free dessert. One serving of frozen yogurt has half the calories of a slice of chocolate cake!
- Admit it, eating dessert makes your day better. You start liking people more, and feel like everything is going to be alright. Life's too short to miss out on desserts. So enjoy them while you can.
Get the Guide Emailed to you INSTANTLY
How to choose the right Ice Cream or Frozen Yogurt machine for your business,
Learn the difference:
Air Cooled vs Water Cooled
Single Phase vs Three Phase
Gravity vs Pressurized
USA Made vs Imported
Single Plug vs Two Plug